Staying Cool This Summer
Southern California residents are preparing for the heat as the summer quickly approaches. Many people find refuge in their homes by running the air conditioning on full blast, but keeping a home cool in the summer can cost hundreds of dollars! National Property Management Group in Santa Clarita has some tips to help Southern Californians keep their homes cool in the summer, without emptying their wallets.
- Planting trees on the south and west side of your house, which receives the most sunshine, provides natural shade to keep your home cool. The leaves provide shade, and when they fall during the winter, allow sunlight to warm your home.
- Open windows at night to allow cool air to fill your home, and shut them during the day to keep the cool air in and hot air out.
- Ceiling fans provide exceptional cooling and air circulation, along with oscillating fans on the floor.
- Installing window shades, blinds, and curtains on your windows and keeping them shut during the day will keep lots of heat out of your rooms. Using reflective colors such as white add an extra edge to deflecting the heat.
- Look into purchasing eco-friendly air coolers because they use about 75% less energy than air conditioners and cool up to 150 square feet areas.
- 60% of heat enters your home because of insufficient insulation. Have your attic, ceiling, and wall insulation checked to ensure it is thick enough to protect your home from the heat.
These are just a few tips from National Property Management Group to help Southern Californians keep their homes cool, while keeping money in their pockets. Using natural ways to keep a home cool can save homeowners and renters hundreds of dollars! For more tips and information, contact National Property Management Group in Santa Clarita.
National Property Management Group is a full-service property management service serving Southern California. Located in Santa Clarita California, NPMG serves condominiums, apartment buildings and all types of Homeowners Associations. Our years of experience let us provide excellent service along with the knowledge and foresight to help any HOA or landlord when it comes to property management.
National Property Management Group
28009 Smyth Drive
Valencia, CA 91355